Friday, August 08, 2003

still tired, after all these years...


I'm EGG-sausted!

O.K. so I was talking to my sick friend last night and he mentioned how cool it would be to 1) get yourself on the gubernatorial ballot and 2) sneak out of the polling place with the one they give you (since it now that it has your name on it) so you can keep for posterity/show it to your kids should they someday question your life in politics/impact on affairs that really matter... An idea which I think it BRILLIANT, BTW! He's from New Mexico though... does anyone know if you have to be a California resident to be governor (I'm assuming but you never know) and if so how long it takes to become "residential"?

And speaking of sick friends (and tying nicely back to my header, if I do say so mee-self) I would just like to say that if you are sick and you're planning to come to my house and get your sick germs everywhere so my kid catches them and in turn becomes sick -- thus creating a situation where I need to stay up all night making sure noses are wiped, backs are rubbed and nosebleeds are stopped -- DON'T! Please, I beg of you, if you are ill please be kind enough to keep your sick ass away from my house and my family and most importantly me because I'm already engaged in an extremely tenuous dance with our good friend sanity and further loss of sleep is just not going to help anybody at this point...! I'm not saying I won't come visit and rub your footsies and bring you soup. I just don't need any new and exciting germage introduced into the permanent part of my life.

Let's see.... I don't really think there's anything else noteworthy going on right this second... Still waiting to hear back from Caseworker re: Bub-2 (aka:Rosemary). Scary Girl and I continue to correspond. She gets HUGE points for laughing at me when, after she suggested we should maybe meet I came back with "I guess. But, don't you think that would ruin it...??!"

R-B Guy is gone gone gone today, I think. Off to the rolling hills of some central state where he can row around in his kayak, ride around on his bike and daydream about all the things he's going to do to me when he gets back... ah, vacations! ain't they GRAND! Seriously though, not sure if you're reading this RBG but good luck and good riding! Hope you have a fabulous time out in the netherlands. Try not to get sideswiped by a truck.

No comments: