Friday, September 19, 2003

being black and being a blogger...


There's a fascinating discussion raging through the blogsphere re: the concept of being a black blogger. I discovered it when I stopped by Jason's site for my daily visit and I clicked through several of his links to other discussions that were intelligent, far-ranging and compelling. Having said that, I don't honestly think I have a damn thing to add to the conversation. I am tired right now and even if I weren't, I am far too busy attempting to explicate my mixed-race, bi-sexual, parent-of-a-young-child-al position to try to switch frames/analysees based on the occassional perception of where my allegiances might lie according to my skin tone. The discussion is oftentimes enlightening though and I would highly suggest that people stop by to have a little looksee.

No comments: