Thursday, September 18, 2003

These guys are my new music review heroes


For no other reason than one of their reviews contained this sentence:

"It's something of a relief in these times of bands bothering to make decent music that pop's core values - ridiculous hair, pointing one's penis at a lady in a mask..."



combined with a picture.



K. so. I go downstairs to get my bagel and TEA at around the same time most mornings. this pretty much assures that I will be running into the same peeps over and over again and while most are still so completely shocked that they're even out of bed that they can't do much more than stare and mumble there are a few who are quite gregarious. One gentleman in particular palys particularly fast and loose with the life story and i just have to say, were I to ever meet his ex-wife (Diane - who is "out there!"), his older daughter (Sarah who just moved out of her apartment which her ex-roomate trashed and which our friend subsequently spent ALL week-end cleaning up and who is now moving into a new place that is smaller but in a MUCH nicer neighborhood), and his younger daughter (Stephanie who just hooked up with a boy she knew when they were kids but who is currently running with a pretty "bad crowd" -- not to mention the fact that this kid just broke up with his girlfriend -- and who just recently told the aforementioned ex-wife, Diane about the situation and now Diane is "all up in arms" thinking our buddy needs to "step in"...!) let's just say, I'm not sure what I would be able to say to them.



School yesterday was luverly. There is a girl in my class who is a dead ringer for Alexis Bledel who plays Rory in the best TV show ever! (except that the girl in my class is dark brown and Alexis is off-white but no matter, the resemblance is eery I tell you!) Anyways, I bring this up because I am currently in a group with Rory's twin as well as with Coffee Boy and i couldn't be more thrilled! We're going to be studying the "history of place" in which we make "an ethnographic and cartographic study of a location" -- probably the liquor store at the corner of Broadway and 40ieth -- and write a report about it. Yay, us! There is also an EXTREMELY annoying green-glasses wearing girl in our group who while I can't say exactly why she bugs me just does and I'm going to do my best to ignore her.



My beautiful kid's Back-to-School night is tonight which i think means we're all going to be herded into a room where we'll "meet and greet" the principal while our kiddies are whisked away somewhere else to play and snack. Have I mentioned the sheer uselessness of events that separate people from their peeps as a way to facilitate "bonding"?? Anyway. I'm going to protest hotly the second anyone tries to wrest my Boo from my grasp (unless, of course, she wants to be whisked away, which she probably will -- damn the brainwashing cult-like mentality at these so-called "alternative" schools!) Sigh. getting tired. going to act like I'm, working now....

No comments: