Monday, September 08, 2003

I love this girl...

Reason one: I like the way she writes. e.g. "my beekeeping professor acts so smug about honeybees, like he invented them or something."

Reason two: She lives in Maine or someplace obscure like that but also has managed to create and maintain a crush on a tweedy, "older" Professor person named "Zimmerman"! We are sooo obviously separated-at-birth it's almost scary! Except she's about ten years younger, paler, blonder and living on the east coast. Ah well. Nothing's perfect....




In other news, I'm meeting up with my hottie teacher this eve to discuss "where I'd like to go" with this whole doctoral program thing... I know where I'd "like to go"...Heh Heh! [{gasp} who said that??! Who has been sneaking in here and typing on my keyboard??! Shocked! I am, just shocked! Eh hem...] but I'm not super sure she's that kind of teacher![again with the filth??!! I order you to cease and desist at once, Sir, or I shall have no other recourse but to seek legal action...!] Ah, well. I'll stick with the adoring grad student thing and see how far that gets me... At least I get to see her on a regular basis. That's better than some of my relationships!




Big shout out to Sir J for his assistance in my efforts to secure a breadmaker! You are brillant! That's it, just brillant!




I miss Pretty Boy. I not actually going to call him or anything because he's a very busy person and I'm acting like I understand that and am fine with it and more than occupied myself.... Still though.

{sigh}

I'm also attempting to weane myself off coffee and it's proving difficult not so much in the "head-achey" physical way but more in a cranky, sad for no reason way. Although, I'm also expecting a visit from Auntie Flo sometime this week so the ole hormonal variance may have something to do with the moodiness as well. And on that note, isn't it GREAT that you, my public get all the intimate details vis a vis my cycle yet I'm unremittingly close-lipped about the details regarding actual traffic in and around that miraculous self-cleaning organ? (not that I trust the whole "self-cleaning" propaganda to the point where I won't give it a good swab every now and again but I do remember reading someting about leaving it to its own devices and it maintaining a fairly pristine set of working conditions all by itself -- although that particular brochure may have been about the "inner ear". i don't really know anymore...) Anyway, my point being: you all get stuck with the biology and none of the chemistry and damn it, I feel for you....!

I was talking to Tony the other day and we were discussing some boy and in trying to describe the sheer amounts of baggage he came equipped with I said: "Let's just say he's going to take awhile going through customs!" Which made us both fall over laughing and which (since I give you nothing else) i thought I'd share with you all today. "Look!" I hear you saying en masse, "Chick is sometimes witty in real life! Let's keep reading in the hopes it translates to her writing...!" {again, with the sigh} I am in such a wierd mood....

No comments: