Tuesday, September 16, 2003

"Web meetings" - Informative or grossly generalized waste of time? Discuss...



I am currently participating in an on-line meeting that is attempting to explain to me why Marimba technologies is vastly superior to SMS. So far I've learned that I can:

"enable complex systems while reducing human intervention for administration

  • integrate rather than change the environment or process
  • capture your business requirements and policies
  • enforce the policies and report against compliance
  • allow you to take proactive steps toward cutting costs"

    I've learned this through a series of power point templated slides that progress at a rate of one every 6 minutes! Ooops, hang on, apparently we are now going to learn about a "paradigm shift"... I mean, seriously , I could have gotten this from a brochure and at least it would have been glossily packaged! Criminey!

    "Closed-looped, policy based management" What the hell??!

    K. nuff of that. Big shout out to the girl I like. Thanks for the check-in. You're sweet. You're also quite safe as I have no intentions of moving to the Portland area anytime soon. That plus the fact I've once again given up on adult relationships pretty much ensures that anyone peeping into your window in the middle of the night (much as you might wish it to be me) is, instead, just some random stalker.

    My GAWD could this "presentation" be more boring?????? Were you aware that SMS is not a policy-based system? or that it manges Windows and NOT your environment (Dur??) O.K. sorry. Just because I'm having to sit through this nonsense does not mean you should have to also. Although... what's that thing about misery loving company...? Anyways, I'll write more later after I've digested the Marimba sales-pitch...er...ah... I mean information offering!
  • No comments: