Wednesday, October 22, 2003

I think my soul is old


I'm sitting here staring at a West Elm catalog and I'm thinking I have a theory about those people who like having one stick of brushed steel furniture with a single oversized book of prints made during Picasso's blue period lying slightly askew atop it as their sole living room decoration. I'm thinking maybe they're new. Like maybe their souls are fresh and new and just got here and haven't really had a chance to look around and become attached to all the diverse trappings of a life well lived. Maybe they feel better with the one or two items much like some very small children become attached to a single "fluffy" and that's all they need. I'm thinking the same thing about people who like their things all shiny and new and pressed. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it I just think it's interesting that new things make me nervous while they make other people feel more secure. My Baby Brother loves new things. CP makes an honest attempt to keep anything she purchases as fresh as the day she removed the shrink wrap. Me, I look for things with stains. I just got a new pair of shoes upon which I just noticed the first scuff. I am thrilled! Anyways... just thinking about stuff before I go to class and have to think about other stuff. Cheers and all that. Hope everyone has a spectacular day....!

No comments: