Friday, October 31, 2003

Kids today!


So, last night, I'm at home, making some sup sup, washing a dish or two and I hear the kid in her room playing "school". I peek in and she's got some animals lined up and she's explaining some concept to them but the big floppy rabbit isn't interested so "Miss Honey" has to get authoritative on his furry little butt and explains to him (in a pretty stern voice) that if she can't get some attentive listening pronto Mr. Bun is going to be warming the bench for the first five minutes of recess! Now this is scary even to me so, of course, Bunny-Boy straightens up and the lesson continues. Now the reason I bring this up -- the reason I select this particular instance of my kid's adorability to relate is because the lesson for the day is on "interrelated concepts". "This is a Ven diagram" announces my six-year-old kid drawing some circles overlapping each other.... My professor drew a "ven" (sp) diagram in class the other night and hand-to-god that was probably the first time I've heard the term. Sheesh! Seriously, if that kid was tall enough to reach the Cheerios my continued existence in her life would be completely obsolete!



Thanks to our Travelin' man for the primo suggestions re: small circular tins! {rubs hands together} This is all coming together soooo nicely!



K. hat's it for now, I'm sneaking out early to try to get my Trick on so Happy Happy Hallows to everyone! hope everyone has as much fun as it's possible to have without getting killed or evicted!

No comments: