Thursday, October 23, 2003

Mrs. Robinson meets the WonderTwins!


What if you were friends with somebody who showed up in your life somewhat randomly but then proceeded to sort of entrench themself by calling your house, inviting you over for movie nights at their house, just sort of dropping by at odd hours.... What if they one day gave you a ticket to see the world's best musician claiming that they wanted "nothing in return" just thought you "might like it". What if they then dropped by your house one night bearing a box of chocolates and a six-pack of beer stating that they were "in the neighborhood". What if during the course of the evening they tried to intice you into playing "Truth or Dare".... You'd think they were fishing for a one-way ticket into your pants now wouldn't you?? What if they were a "them"?? Seriously, I do not know what is up with kids today but I think a coupla friends of mine might have a crush on me. Together. The TWO of them. Now don't get me wrong, I'm all about the togetherness vibe and if I was going to make the sweet love to a group, you two would definitely be at the top of my list but sadly, methinks the wrong tree is being proverbially barked up. You see I am OLD. We old people have had a chance to look around a little, try a few things, kiss a pretty wench or two and the thing we've come to value most highly mongst all the things we've seen and done is sleep. That thing last night where I got all cranky cause you guys wouldn't leave and it was inching past 10:00? That was for real. I ate your chocolates, I drank your beer, I laughed as your told me your interesting stories and make pretty little faces, I even felt a tiny flush when you decided it was "too hot' in the house and started taking your clothes off. And, at 10:00, all these things notwithstanding, I wanted you gone. Understand? I do NOT have the energy anymore to engage in crap like that. Please do not take it personally but at the same time, if I am on the mark in any respect re: this whole plan to get-you-some-Chickster please remove me from your list of possibilities. I am flattered (You're both very sweet and I'd probably do you separately) but I really cannot even begin to get into why the whole thing is such a very bad idea. Just trust me on this.

No comments: