Tuesday, October 14, 2003

She wasn't good...


but she had good intentions! Lyle=Great. Great performer, great singer, great songwriter. Although, I may not go to his shows anymore (KIDDING!) onna counta the company I'm being forced to keep whilst in attendance is beginning to get to me. Seriously people, am I the only freaking non-white, non-upper middle class, non-early-to-late forties chick (who wasn't brought by her parents) in the world who loves me some Lyle? And the overall vibe; the whole "Let's call him by his first name (e.g. {shouted out mid-performance} "We love you, Lyle!") Let's act like we really know the man, let's pretend we [all three hundred of us] are his close, personal friends and should be allowed to suggest what he plays next!" vibe kills me! Sheesh. I kept wanting to just cringe away whenever anyone started with the calling out. I want a pin that says "loving Lyle in a healthy way..." {sigh} ah well. c'est la vie.

I do gotta say that there were considerably more peeps of color at this particular show than were at the last one. I was a teensy bit worried because Mr. Lovett did not choose to bring his back-up singers to this gig meaning that the ranks were potentially diminished five-fold... Luckily, he enlisted the aid of a local gospel choir who were apparently each allowed to bring two guests -- I'm just assuming, since I ended up counting thirteen brown people in the audience divided by the five brown types in the choir... Sorry. Just tired of standing out all the freaking time.... Still and all, show was great. Got home at midnight. Am currently exhausted.




A friend of mine is traveling around New Zealand and he wrote this in an e-mail:

"thinking of taking a train across the outback to Perth..."



Gawd! is that a beautiful concept or what??! I have got to get out of here and go do some serious traveling. I mean like NOW...

{sigh, again} still tired. must go work now....

No comments: