Thursday, October 16, 2003

Viva la gender-bender types!


I heart people who do the gender cusp thing! I mean really heart them, like to the point of just admitting i have a freaking fetish about it!

Yesterday after class I went to see a gallery show about boys who dress like girls -- the show consisted of a series of tryptichs showing "before", "in process" and "after" shots and while I have to say some of the before and afters were pretty interesting onna counta the remarkable (or lack of remarkable) change in demeanor, the "process" shots were amazing...!! My goodness! How beautiful is it to see a black and white, 3/4 shot of a bee-u-ti-ful boy curled over a tiny mirror, flourishing a mascara wand! Who knew the image of an otherwise extremely "straight-looking" beer commercial kind of guy, leaning in a doorway and grinning as he pulls on a pair of spangly fishnet stockings could be so damn sexy! And don't even get me started on the various "full make-up but otherwise nude" pics (!!) "Compelling" does not even begin to cover it. i swear there's gotta be some sort of club for gals like me who really just want to watch boys getting decked out in the sequins and heels. And let's not forget the ladies! This particular show was boy specific but I feel compelled to give the love to the short-haired chickie slipping into the crisp, cotton button-down shirt as she readies herself for a night out.... mmmmmmmmmmm.....

Anyway. Good show.



In other news i have THE world's largest, grossest, most imflamed, infected looking, not too mention ITCHY cold sore ever to appear on the planet we like to call earth right now on my bottom lip. Line forms to the right people, step right up, viewing starts at nine! Now then, much as I would LOVE to blame DB and his insidious little germ-age for this breakout, I cannot since he's been officially shackled for the last little bit. I was going to go for the "stress" card but that would imply that I've been working which could not only be easily disproven it might also send some of my readers into severe giggle attacks and let's face it, they're not the strongest bunch to begin with -- so that leaves us only with FATE. i have a paper due on Wed. and Sunday is really the only time I'm going to have to concentrate on it so my body (knowing that I was actually considering spending the day at the movies or in the backseat of someone's car) has decided to step in and make it so I have to stay home and type. {sigh} So nice to know someone is thinking about this stuff. I'd hate to have my life left completely up to me!

No comments: