Monday, November 10, 2003

I *heart* my friends!


All of em! Just love every single one of them into tiny little peices! K. Quick thank you (THANK YOU!) to the boyz at Hayseed house for their timely intervention into my about-to-become-HUGELY-frustrated-with-my-inability-to-transfer-files-to-the-server life. Granted they didn't actually DO anything other than sit there and watch while my (stupid) laptop suddenly decided to start behaving itself but you know what, sometimes I think that's what tech support is all about -- seriously, I think my machine can sense when it's in the presence of persons who know how to definitively kick it's 10gig ass (do the words "fresh install of the OS" mean anything to you LapBoy??!) so it straightens up and flies right! Either that or it started working because I was hooked directly into thier network... Whatever, all I know is Emerson and Pretty Boy, you collectively and individually rock!



Other happenings around town included a viewing of Cirque du Soleil - Alegria which was awesome! Sort of a mixed reaction from the Boo. She was loving it all very much but at the same time wanted to do everything she saw the performers doing so we kept saying "Well, if you practice now, when you get big you can audition to be a part of the show." which almost worked until they brought out this little kid to be a part of one of the stunts. Stupid little kid. (Not really, but he/she sure did blow a really great explanation as to why exactly it was our Boo could not go be part of the show. It was almost scary how quickly it switched from "something she could concentrate on and do when she got big" to why exactly it was that we, her parents, weren't a bit more well connected in terms of the circus world!)



Last but certainly not least, quick observation vis a vis all the really cute people in the world. This started with me thinking that some of my various Exs were really quite attractive as far as categories of peeps out loose in the world go but then Tony showed up looking very much the adorable boy and some girl on the elevator had it going on as well... so, just a general shout out -- If you are doing your part today to add to the beauty that is the world, Good Job! Keep up the good work. I, for one, am very much appreciative of all your efforts!

No comments: