Monday, November 03, 2003

Sick. Again. Still.


Yup, sick. Sitting at home. Not so very unhappy about it though since it's finally feeling like winter and the day is crisp and clean(ish) and all I have to do is NOT concentrate on the millions of things yet to be done and focus (focus, focus) on getting better. Although, not super sure how that's going to happen what with my chronic avoidance of exercise, healthy food, vitamins, non-sick individuals and a decent night's sleep.... who knows, I've been phenomenally lucky lately (case in point: yesterday was a veritable orgy of good timing, minor miracles and parking spaces materializing out of nowhere) so maybe, just maybe, i will kick this latest bug as well. Probably not. it'd be nice though to have a night where I don't have dreams about suffocating/choking (damn, inflamed tonsils!!) anyway. I'm home. If anyone misses me overly much, send chocolate.



Cute Boo Acrobatics Teacher who I made a fool of myself in front of last week -- rides motorcycle. Nuff said.



Halloween was fun. A bit light on the T&T onna counta alternate plans were developed by the somewhat less than communicative CP so we had to do our candy-grabbing in SF fairly quickly before heading back to the Oaktown side to meet up with other interested parties for more Treating, thing was though, by the time we got to the East Bay, Miss Boo was pretty tuckered and we didn't have a known spot to disembark (we might have had I been informed of the plans earlier than 7pm Halloween eve but there you go -- tandem child-rearing! Joy!) Actually, though, I'm pretty sure it was just me who was disappointed/annoyed. Kid was tired at the end but still seemed to have a swell time. She ran into every single kid in her school all dressed up and high on sugar so I spose it all came out in the wash.

Rest of week-end was fun as well. We went to the circus which was FANTASTIC. The animal acts were o.k. (dogs = cute; lady tiger tamer = o.k. in a "didn't-get-eaten kind of way); The people acts though were amazing! Lots of brown performers which was nice. One guy tied himslef up in knots which Boo loved! My personal favorites were the Chinese Acrobats (but I'm biased toward people throwing stuff around) also putting in an appearance, Double Dutchers and the drummers from Drumline all excellent but OMIGAWD there was this bit at the end where these motorcyclists from Chile raced around each other in a CIRCULAR CAGE for minutes on end without killing each other which was quite probably the most astounding thing I've ever seen in real life! Very cool. I'd recommend that everyone go next year or whenever they come back to the Bay area.

Then, on Sundee, me and the Boo did some serious laundry (during which I became the recipient of four fabulous scenic marker drawings -- yay, me!) and after which I dropped her off with the fabulous Miss Tail while I went to attempt re-connection with an old friend of mine who just got back from a trip to India. K. mental note, when every response to a query includes the word "years" e.g. "How old is she now?" "Six years old"; "How long have you been in this apartment?" "About two years"; "when did you guys get married?" "Three years ago" -- all I'm saying is maybe a little more "keeping up" is in order. All of this is, of course, my fault. I am a loser when it comes to just freaking finding time to hang out. Sorry. The life keeps getting in the way. Apologies all round. (Not like it won't continue to happen, but at least know that I intend to see you guys. Honest, Keep inviting me to stuff, k??)

Now, as you may have noticed, given the sheer amounts of fun crap we accomplished, I had the Boo full time over the last little bit and I must say I'm becoming spoiled. i did drag her all over the known universe though and for that I feel a bit bad. I have to remember that I have access to her for probably (hopefully) the next 12 years so I should maybe not try to cram everything into the few week-ends we've had lately where she's mine all mine (Hahaha)!!!

eh, hem. Anyways, I'm going to slink back into bed now. Maybe more later if the mood strikes. Otherwise git back witcha later, Homes, Ciao!

No comments: