Wednesday, December 10, 2003

Done!


Done. I am done.




I'm still done.



Yup. still done.




wierdest thing, I woke up this morning feeling like it was Monday but not like "F***! It's f***ing Monday!!" more like "Ahhhh, fresh new week, fresh clean slate...." Very strange. Anyway.

I turned in the project last night. my teacher wasn't there (she had scheduled another meeting right after ours and thought we were meeting half an hour earlier than we really were -- I'm o.k. with this because I know that she is really just on a fairly basic level COMPLETELY in love with me and the thought of this being our last meeting this semester was tearing her up inside so she "forgot" the time for our appointment and subsequently had to leave before I showed up. Whatever. It happens.) so, I left my game (that's right folks, I made the world's coolest Policy/Inclusion/Empowerment game. I'll post pictures of it next semester when/if I can steal it back for a few minute -- otherwise you'll just have to wait for the public version soon to be released by Mattel [jk]) and high tailed it home where I then spent the evening NOT READING/WRITING about education but instead trying on every single item of clothing I own in preparation for the Holiday party on Sunday which our own Pretty Boy has agreed (after only minor amounts of pleading/monetary bribes) to accompany me to... K. Can I just say, Holiday parties are an interesting animal. On the one hand you need to get "dressed up" but on the other it's still "work" so your normal dress-up/ho-bag clothes aren't necessarily appropriate and if you're me, your only other option clothing-wise is "week-end wear" which, if it's not ripped, stained and/or wrinkled it probably didn't fit right and is waiting to be returned to Crossroads -- I did find one killer skirt which I forgot I owned and a pair of super high red heels so at least my bottom half will represent... Maybe I'll go looking for something cute on Sat. in between starting/completing all my holiday shopping, taking the Boo to her class, cleaning my house, ridding my refrigerator of ants and checking in with the Caseworker re: the total lack of available children/the supreme suckiness of being told (yet again) that I "sound great!" and am "next in line" for a kid whose currently being placed with a "two-parent family." Apologies to all those "two-parent families" out there but c'mon! I'll put our little selves up against the vast majority of you schmoes any day of the goddamn week and I guarantee you I'll raise the less f***ed up kid! Sorry, just had to vent. I'm fine now.

oooops! meeting time. i'll write more later if I get a chance. Otherwise, Happy Wednesday! C'mon people, Rock it like you mean it!!

No comments: