Saturday, December 06, 2003

A vote!


A very nice woman agreed to have sex with me today. That is, I think she did. We were at an event with Family Guy and his adorable family (seriously, I don't think I've ever met an entire family that seemed so freaking sweet! It was a little eerie actually, like he went out and hired these people to represent the various family persons who'd i'd already heard so much about and already formed a pretty stellar opinion of -- although, I guess in retrospect they did match the photos he's got on his desk... anyway, a-d-o-r-a-b-l-e! The whole damn brood!) and this girl, whom I've mentioned before, and I start with the chinwag and I ask how her Thanksgiving was and she says "Great" and asks how mine was and I say "O.K." and somehow we start talking about how I only feel like I really need a girlfriend three or four days out of the month -- do NOT ask me how 1) we got on that topic, 2) how I suddenly found the chutzpah to even discuss such a thing with someone who is both relatively "hot" and apparently single and 3) why I am so bizarrely cynical about this type of crap/interaction but at any rate -- the conversation proceeded thusly:

Hot Girl:Why?
Chick:Why, what?
Hot Girl:Why only 3 days a month? {asked with the sweetest lilt I think i've ever heard. She's Mexican I think. I think that's a Mexican lilt...}
Chick:Oh... well... [let's all keep in mind that we're in an auditorium SURROUNDED by children and their fairly wholesome parental-types and I'm standing in the corner trying to arrange a little girl-on-girl action. Christ...] I mean, I have really good friends so I'm sort of covered as far as the whole conversation/entertainment/sympathy/diversion thing goes....
Hot Girl:So, what do you want three days a month?
Chick:ummm... well, I mean, sometimes it's just nice to get "close" to someone...
Hot Girl:{stares at me}...?
Chick:um... you know...
Hot Girl:{stares at me}??
Chick:{whispers}intimacy... you KNOW... with someone...
Hot Girl:{remarkably loud for such a small person}You mean Booty calls??
Chick:{sheepishly scanning the room, smile}uh, yeah. Heh.
Hot Girl:Why can't you find anybody? You're cute.
Chick:Uh....
Hot Girl:Do you ask people?
Chick:Um....
Hot Girl:I mean, what do you do?
Chick:Uh, I dunno. I guess I just wait for someone to come along who's cute and who thinks I'm cute and who's also busy all the time and who I can have a conversation like this one with and who keeps smiling when I get to the part where I say 'I REALLY am only interested in 'getting together' a coupla times a month.'
Hot Girl:{nods, produces pen and scrap of paper}{smiles}Call me.
Chick: {!!!!!} Um... O.K.

Sheesh! Of course there's no way in hell I'm actually picking up a phone but still...! Actually, I don't know for sure if there's no way. My initial reaction was "Oh, yeah!" quickly followed by "Yeah, right." By the time the evening began to wend down and I remembered that the whole POINT of the outting was to hang with Family Guy and his lovely wife (I promise I didn't know she was going to be there/nice to me/in any way receptive to my pathetic advances -- Sorry.) and I had rejoined tehm and finished with the introductions (that's right kids, she's Boo's Gymnastics teacher) I'd settled on "Well, it's never going to happen but it was nice acting like it might." But still, you really just never know once the ole hormones enter into it I'm really pretty much on autopilot....

So, there you have it folks - I pretty much have to call onna counta she's Boo's coach but do I actually ask her out in an attempt to try to get to know her incredibly flexible Capoiera toned body a little better or do I just let it ride?

I'm thinking Run and hide but I'll let you, my people, cast the deciding vote....



In other news, that mondo-huge make me or break me project I was doing for work was presented by my fair self to the Head Honcho on Friday and.... [drumroll, please] she LOVED IT!! {sound of cheers, flower petals floating softly to the ground all around my modestly bowed person} She wants to show it to everybody at a huge manager meeting this coming Thursday though which opens up a whole other can of worms in terms of actually fixing some of the stuff I was cleverly hiding during yesterday's demo but still, I have faith in my team (now reduced to one -- luckily he's the best one) and I am confident we shall prevail!!

{Sigh.} K. I think that's it. I'm only really writing right now because I have to do a ton of work on my super-mondo-fantasmariffic school project tomorrow and i want to get this out of my system so I don't spend all day tomorrow posting when I should be working. Hope everyone's week-end is stellar! Chat with you all on Monday! [see, now I'll be embarrassed if I try to post anything before then...]

No comments: