Thursday, January 01, 2004

And HERE we are!!


Well, it looks like we all made it (gross assumption on my part as I've been in bed all day -- i.e. not calling up my chums to see if anyone got shot... still though, I will believe everyone is just fine until i hear otherwise, dammit! Our Chick is nothing if not an optimist!!)

First and foremost, super huge thanks/shout-out to my Best Buddy Q and her lovely other half for inviting the troops to thier digs for a glorious New Year's Eve gathering of the babies! I am ever amazed that we all managed to have such completely gorgeous offspring and having everyone together like that just feels so desparately extended-family-like and warm--gushy that, well, it brings a tiny tear to this salty old Chick's eye! I heart you guys sooo much! I swear I have the best bunch of buddies a gal could hope to have! {love!}

Right. Moving on. As we all know it is now January. There are some crucial birthdays in January -- Martin Luther King Jr., my mom, my gramma, the illustrious Miss Tail, the fabulous Miss L-bean, ME!!! Now I know what you're all thinking: "Eek! I've only 22 shopping days left to find something appropriately fantastic with which to celebrate the fact that our own beloved Chick has somehow managed to hold off the marauding hordes for the last 36 years and shows no signs of weakening!" There there. I beg of you, please do NOT panic. I know the impulse will, of course, be to buy me something expensive but I must caution against giving in to the temptation because then I would feel like I owe you (sexually, I mean) and nobody wants that! So, then, what's a poor pal who just wants to show Chick how very much she's worth in terms of cold, hard cash to their otherwise colorless/lackluster lives to do?? Glad you asked! May I direct your attention to the link at the right, namely the "Get on my good side" one that takes you to my Amazon wish list... anyways, really just making conversation, I, of course, expect nothing more from my friends than absolute fealty and occassional kisses, oh, and chocolate! Lots of chocolate!

Speaking of which, I'm awfully excited right this second (in a lying around in bed kind of way) because the fabulous Pretty Boy has suggested that we take a drive over to the rich side of the Bay tomorrow after work and act like we belong there! I am not just delighted with this suggestion because it means adding to the hours I've clocked driving around in a super cool little car with white racing stripes but also because it's just such a sweet thing to do -- go off for a little put around places where even the homeless people wear linen; maybe have a little sup-sup somewhere where each and every portion is carefully crafted from totally organic, cruelty free, adult animals who've already lived a long and productive life and have actually signed waivers attesting to thier desire to now re-join that oh-so-glorious cycle of life that includes my-omnivoristic-self and a little light sauce; possibly ending with a casual stroll round some incredibly clean pier with a bunch of "really very well perserved" Marin types.... i dunno, just sounds cute is all. And I'll bet you there will be chocolate involved! If there is a god (and I know there is) I fail to see how there could not be...!

No comments: