Friday, January 02, 2004

Brillant!


The girl I like sent me a CD with two performance pieces on it that she did (cello-brillant!) and that she's sending off into the world in hopes of winning much acclaim (which, had I even the slightest bit of anything to do with it, she most certainly would -- in spades!) ... She sent it awhile ago but I've not been able to actually remember to listen to it at a point in time when it was in the same city as my ears so I've just (this morning) popped it in and my gawd, it is just so very beautifully done! Apparently what I'm listening to are "the first two movements of the Shostakovich cello concerto" -- the first is really quite moving (there's a bit in the middle that kills me) but the second... sheesh! I am in no way qualified to judge these things but it's just really amazing is all. All tragic and sad but beautiful nontheless... Anyway, Thanks GIL for the CD! I'm going to listen to it non-stop until it becomes a a permanent part of my brain's background noise then maybe I'll go watch Grease 2 again to round it all out!

No comments: