Wednesday, February 11, 2004

So, tired right now...


Luckily, I have no appointments tonight and as such will be crawling into bed circa 8:30-9:00ish and drifting off into that sweet land of the delicate repose for a nice... long... uninterrupted... sleep-session. Maybe. We'll see.

Coupla of cool things: heard from the fabulous Tony yesterday and have made plans to meet up for some lunchy-lunch which is just GREAT since it's been sixteen years since i've seen him and his snazzy outfits so obviously it is about freaking time!

New Job check in: Still seems to be going well. I, for one, am particularly happy. I've got big (huge) plans for development which seem to be proceeding at a decent clip so that's all good. Noone here has started yelling at me yet (in fact, the level of overall nice-ness in this place is practically "Stepford" in it's sincerity and effusion ... is that a word? "Effusion?" If so, is it a dirty word??) Anyway, I'm happy and content and still feeling slighty overwhelmed but at least at this point its my own damn fault -- meaning that all this stuff I have to do is stuff I dreamed up so I can't really blame anybody but myself. I may try to though. Stay tuned...

Speaking of which, my VCR is inexplicable to me. As we may remember, Traveling Man was so good as to show me how to set the damn thing, which I did and which has yet to actually start recording at any of the times I programmed it to record. I have no idea what's its deal is but if anyone out there is currently compiling copies of Gilmore Girls and/or One Tree Hill and wouldn't mind sharing them with me I'd much appreciate it. You don't know what it's like to sit in your public policy class alternnately wondering if 1) the reason for the current decline in California schooling can be directly traced to the passage of Prop 13 and 2) Whether or not Rory is ever going to hook up with "naked Guy" at Yale! It's nerve racking I tell you!!

Anyway. I'm going to go find food now. more later, if I get inspired but probably not.

No comments: