Monday, April 12, 2004

Hello, Bunnies!


Happy Easter everyone! Spent a good chunk of my Easter Day at the B house and can I JUST say, those people are fab-u-lous! I am so glad they let me hang around their amazing family-ness, I really am. Easter Din consisted of some very yummy mashed tates, asparagus and a side of pork -- very tasty and very filling! I got to take a few pounds home with me to snack on throughout the course of my six-hour paper writing stint. Speaking of which, I am so tired right now that I may die. Seriously. The kid was up all night Sat. night, meaning her mom was up all night as well -- the key difference being that the kid accepted the fact that she was up and actually got some stuff done whereas her mom kept trying to pretend she wasn't actually awake and instead spent the better part of the night lying very still with her eyes squeezed shut listening to the refrigerator door open and close, the dolls come out, cheerios being poured, etc. Seriously, even the cats got annoyed (they're not allowed to wake me up so they do this thing where they hover three inches away from my face until I'm officially awake then they start pushing at me in an effort to get petted/fed so this whole "fake sleep" thing was really messing with their mojo. "Is she awake?" "Will she pet us?" "Are we allowed to jump on her?" "Oh, whatever. Let's go play with the little one.")




Paper 1 of 3 actually did get written though (i haven't re-read it yet so I'll bet it's a mess but at least it's out of my head and onto paper), that's good. Two more to go and I'm free free free! Well, at least for the next coupla months anyway.




I had a third thing to write about but I've forgotten what it was. Hmmmmmmmm. Spent waaayyyyyy too much time this week-end thinking about my New Girlfriend (calm down everyone, we're only together in my head which is probably for the best. Fewer opportunities to argue about how we never have sex anymore. ha! Sorry.) Oh! I remember what it was -- I peeked outside last night and saw that my amazing front door neighbor had not only completely freshened up the front (my front, her back) yard but that she'd also cleaned up up the miniscule plot of land that me and the Boo use when we're pretending we know anything about gardening! Yay, her! We wuv!! K. That's it for right now. I'm off to find coffee. Lots of it. In fact I wonder if Starbucks does an intravenous feed...?

No comments: