Monday, April 05, 2004

Thank you, thank you, thank you!


My extreme thanks and gratitude to all those who lent an entertaining hand this week-end and assisted in Boo watchage thus allowing me to wallow waist-deep in paper-producing -- I am grateful to have such fabulous persons in my life to serve not only as eye-candy but also as stand-up pals when I need somewhat responsible types to entrust the only thing that really matters in my life to. You collectively rock!




K. Know what I hate about Daylight Savings time? (I mean, besides the part where we lose a freaking hour of our lives??!) I hate the fact that for the first few days, weeks , months, following the switch I've got this wierd mistrust of time. I mean, seriously, it's like the we had something that was real, that I depended on and now... well, I just don't know any more nawwhattamean? It's like a bad relationship where you know you should leave but for whatever reason you just can't so you stick around but deep down you're just waiting for the next time.... Anyway. We'll do some group therapy around this. It'll be fine.




I finally found a real, concrete use for cell phones. Work just ordered me to carry around this "tool-of-the-devil", (Bastards. Although, by and large, they continue to rock hard so I'm not really complaining even though it does feel the tiniest bit FAUSTIAN! Anyway...) so, yesterday I'm waiting in the movie theatre for Friend Number One to show up with my child who he's managed to abscond with for a large chunk of the day and I realize that they're not going to arrive on time because time isn't exactly being what you might call "straight up" about anything so i call him -- from the theatre! Just like that! Didn't have to go outside into the freezing cold. Didn't have to find a freaking quarter. Didn't have to do a damn thing other than pick up the world's tiniest phone, figure out how to turn it on, push some random combination of numerals and hope to god it actually connected to the person I wanted it to... et viola! There he was! At home. About 40 minutes away from a show which started in 15. He may be useless as a friend but I have to say I'm begining to see the lowly cell phone in a whole different light! Now if I can just figure out how to turn it off....

No comments: