Tuesday, April 06, 2004

Who's supporting who?


Know why I love my kid? (I mean, besides the obvious...!) Because she's constantly crafting these moments wherein I can feel like I'm a good mom. Case in point, we're in my "Families and Community" class last night discussing school newsletters and Prof. D is making a list of reasons for sending these things out, so he calls on this one chick who says "Newsletters are a good way to inform parents of things that might be coming up or that might be important to the kids but not necessarily to the parents."

K. So while Prof. is writing this down, Kid says to me sotto voice but still loud enough for surrounding classpeeps to hear: "Mommy, is there anything that is important to me that isn't important to you?" To which I get to reply: "Nope. If it's important to you it's important to me!" Thus ensuring that I have a warm, supportive, "good mommy" medal practically glued to my chest for the rest of the evening. I swear, it's like slow pitch softball. I know she's feeding me the easy ones but gosh, it still feels really good to be able to occasionally knock one out of the park!

No comments: