Friday, May 28, 2004

I'm alive...!


Just barely! Thanks to Travelin' Man for being the absolutely sweetest person ever and spending the better part of sixteen weeks (o.k. more like two hours) getting my DSL installed/set-up once the "user-friendly" directions FAILED ENTIRELY to work. Also thank you for the mondo sweet prezzies and the gratis computer tweaking. What did I do to deserve such phenomenal friends??! Seriously?? Anyway. I'm tired. I'm happy, lucky, more than content with the direction the life has seemingly finally been steered in. I am also scared, tired, slightly blue and really not very sure what THE HELL I was thinking but, whatever. You do what you gotta do right? Sparkle is here full-time permanent-like. Papers have been signed. She's basically ours. There are certain "i"'s that will need to be dotted circa November 26th but for all intents and purposes she be mine. (I'd insert an evil laugh here but I just don't have the energy.) I'm 97% sure I can get her into God's-own-Daycare too where she will not only be tended far better than I ever could but will also be fed three nutritious meals a day and allowed to pull everything she can get her tiny little hands around onto the floor. She'll also learn Spanish. Hmmmm. Wonder if I can get myself in there...

Quick shout out/feel better to Miss Bee who is having all her teeth removed today (why is it exactly that the ones they pull out are the ones we call our wisdom teeth. I just can't help but feel that that's just really somehow ill-advised...) I hope the swelling is minimal and that the rebound time is short. Love to BBQ who was gracious enough to entertain me and Sparkle today and who I adore because she is one of the few people who can get me all giggley in spite of the fact that I'm exhausted, haven't showered in a week and am concentrating on spooning yogurt into a-should-be-sleeping-fusspot of a baby. BBQ, you rock. {sigh} Actually, I think I'm going to stop there. i have a big little one who needs me to go scare away the strange voices in the bedroom and a littler little one who's going to wake up in 2 hours demanding watered down apple juice and a backrub so, I should get some sleep while the sleeping ees gutt. Kisses to all. Huge Thank You to all you sweet beautiful people who are being so happy around my happiness. I've got the best friends ever and I hope I tell you how much you all mean to me at least half as often as I think it!

No comments: