Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Really just beautiful...


Hello folks. Sorry, I've not checked in before this -- I know many of you have been waiting with baited breath to hear how things went with Potential Daughter #2 who shall henceforth be referred to as Sparkle but everything is moving really fast all upon a sudden and I've just been running around trying to catch up.

Meeting with the various Caseworkers went well. Meeting with Foster Mom (who is GREAT, albeit in an uber-Christian sort of way) went great. Meeting with my dear sweet little Sparkle went great! Sum total = She's healthy and fabulous and developmentally on target and I'm pretty happy about all of that. Not to mention the fact that she is a-dor-rable! Second upshot of all of this is that they (Caseworkers et al) are seeing this "placement" happening at THE END OF THE MONTH. That's right folks I need to figure out every single thing that needs to be figured out vis a vis adding a happy, healthy one-year-old to our family in the next week or so. In addition to the fact that, due to her age the game plan is for me to go down there (San Jose) fairly often to participate in her daily care so she can watch her Foster Mom approve of me and which will help the eventual transition but which (like this morning) also sort of translates into a 2 hour drive to give a 20 minute bath. Me = soooo not complaining though. She is great! I am happy! Overwhelmed. Scared. Not just a little freaked out, but HAPPY nonetheless!!

No comments: