Monday, May 10, 2004

Happy Belated Moms Day!


Hope everyone loved their moms up very much yesterday! If you are amoung those not fortunate enough to have a mom who deserves serious lovin' then I hope you managed to find a suitable replacement and failing that, at least manged to get out and live a little!

Speaking of all of that, my own personal week-end was grand! Sat. was a bit tricky with me and the Boo -- lots of sadness and tears "for no reason" (I feel like there's this huge wave cresting vis a vis new baby sister and Boo's completely freaking-out that I'm expecting and ostensibly "prepared for" that's just so going to suck when it actually happens) but I think we're both just going to have to stick it out and deal with stuff as it comes up and that everything will work itself out. Still tough though.

Sat. eve we attended an gala event to support CP's latest movie which also featured a dashing Miss Tail and a very spiffily cleaned up Mistah Lovah-Lovah so whilst I may have been able to imagine several other ways I could have been spending my Sat. night, this one didn't turn out to be all that taxing. I {heart} my friends!

Sundee morning, hooked up with the CP and we all went and had a very festive Mom's day brekkie, which was nice. After that Travelin' Man and I went to go see Kill Bill 2 which was GREAT (and v. mother's day affirming in it's own twisted way... Favorite Quote from the movie: "Not that it's any of your business but I'm a fuckin' surgeon with a shotgun!") OH! And get this, I'm buying my ticket to go see this "R" rated movie which, correct me if I'm wrong but, I believe means "you must be at least 18 years or older to attend" and the ticket lady asks me for my ID! Seriously! At first I thought it was just a standard thing but then she proceeds to NOT ask TM for his! WTF??? Anyways, the rest of the movie going experience was grand and the sitting in the cafe and chatting and the music shopping after was also grand! Really, I don't think I could have imagined a more fabulously relaxing afternoon! Thanks TM for the stellar companionship! After all of that, I ended my glorious day/eve by hooking up with the ever sweet Pretend Girlfriend who made time in her busy schedule to stop by and spend some quality time on my couch shootin' the sh**, having a beer and jest plain being a very good sport about my obsessive need to stare at her. Seriously, I get that I'm a very lucky girl but sometimes I feel doubly blessed!

No comments: