Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Back to Hootchie...


So, I'm out doing some power walking the baby and I notice that (as tends to happen when one is out with an adorable child) sundry passer-by tend to chat us up quite a bit. Ar least they tend to chat her up. Me, they ignore. Which is annoying. "Hey!" I think. "I'm a person too!" but then at the same time whenever an passerby does look in my direction, perhaps with a raised eyebrow and a slight smile/"How YOU doin'?" Wink, wink I get all bristly "You can NOT seriously think I have the time/interest/energy to pay attention to you!" I think, all affronted dignity and asexual Mommy-goddess pride. "Can you not see that I am with my Baby??!" Ha! I have no idea what the hell I want. Well, I do have some idea but she's busy helping tiny fauna grow into sustainable food options so it's not like she has a lot of time for outside pursuits. Plus she likes someone else. And even if she didn't, I'm fairly sure my lack of any kind of interesting life right now would send her running for the hills. Possibly not. Unlike myself, she actually has some depth to her so it's just possible she would be able to appear interested as I blather on about diapers, papers and missing items on our website. possibly by doing the times tables in her head. K. I've officially depressed myself. Moving on.



So, you wanna know how you can really bother a whole bunch of people out in the real world without really trying? Take your baby out without shoes or socks on. Now mind you, Sparkle is still in the stage where she's being carried everywhere so it's not like her feet are going to actually touch the cesspool that is the MUNI bus seat but still... The opinions! The glances! The outright hostility when I bring up the fact that she is more likely to catch "that flu that's going around" by touching the seatback with her hand then immediately chewing on her fist than she is by somehow absorbing it through the souls of her feet...! Anyway, it's an interesting case study. Someday I'll write a paper about it.



Going camping with Mistah Lovah-Lovah et al this week-end. I'm beginning to get very excited about it! First I need to be excited about the fact that tomorrow is Boo's last day as a First Grader but following that, I'm sure the wave of camping with the babies and the buddies will crest...!

And, you know what? I'm going to stop there. I WAS going to go on about my chagrin at the replacement of my favorite show (even if it is reruns)with some bone-headed new Surf-drama but I'm not going to give THEM the satisfaction!

No comments: