Monday, June 21, 2004

Conversations...


Boo: I can't do whatever I want. I have to listen to you.
Me: You can do whatever you want. The only reason you have to listen to me right now is because I'm supposed to be making sure you don't get hurt. I've been alive longer than you so I know more about not getting hurt than you do so you should listen to me until you're old enough to have figured it out.
Boo: How old?
Me: 46.
Boo: No! How about 18?
Me: O.K.
Boo: 17?
Me: No!



Dirty Boy: So, what are you going to do about your life?
Me: What about my life? My life is great!
Dirty Boy: I mean the "adult" part
Me: What "adult" part?
Dirty Boy: {smug silence}...
Me: Shut up!



Random Stranger: How old are your babies?
Me: Six and one and a half.
Random Stranger: And when's the other one due?
Me: ...?
Random Stranger:{with meaningful glance at my tummy -- smile} How many months are you?
Me:{scowl} I'm not any months.



Sparkle: Bahbahbahbah!!
Me:{absentmindedly - picking up dirty clothes} Really!
Sparkle: Mahtoblhhhhpppp!
Me:{absentmindedly - picking up toys} You don't say....
Sparkle:{looking at Boo's videos} Movie!
Me:{suddenly paying attention - amazed} You want to watch a movie?
Sparkle: Yeah!



Me:{getting dressed} ...
Boo:{delighted} Yay! You look like a teen-ager!
Me:{nonplussed - entirely unsure where to go with that} My clothes?
Boo: Uh huh.
Me: Is that good?
Boo: I guess.
Me: Should I change?
Boo: No. You can be my big sister.
Me: Got it. Who's going to be your mom?
Boo:{shrug} I don't really need one do I?

No comments: