Sunday, July 11, 2004

Alrighty then!


I bow to the will of my reading public -- for the record, I CAN'T just go back to the old design. Stupid Blogger templates erased it when I changed it over and it was almost completely customized so... Just not enough time/energy/reason to try to make it again. -- let's just live with this new design a little and see if we all make it out alive.

News: not much really. week-end is going well. Had a great day with the kids yesterday. Miss Tail dropped by this morn for a visit which was grand! Got to unload a bunch of stuff I've been thinking lately re: CP and Boo watchage and everything and I think the whole exasperating situation may just end up turning out o.k. (seriously, a win-win for everyone involved, I think.) At any rate stayed tuned for more info re: that. i'm not going to jabber on about it lest I jinx the whole thing so, for now, onto other topics...


Wanna hear something seriously disturbing? I was looking at the insides of my wrists the other day whilst the Boo was having her bath and she inquired what I was doing and I said, "nothing. just looking at my wrists." and she said "Why? Are you going to cut them?" !!!!!!! From a six year old. I am still shocked. She wouldn't tell me where she'd gotten that particular concept from either. I asked in what I thought was a fairly non-judgemental way what made her think of that in particular and she immediately got all weird and cagey on me. "Oh, no reason." quoth she. "I was...uh... just thinking about a foot and how you can step on something and get cut." Hmmmmmmm. Six years old. First grader. I'm scared of the world we've created sometimes.

No comments: