Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Victory! (I think...)



K. So I suppose THE news would be that the Senate in a "stunning" 50-48 decision ruled against ammending the freaking constitution to make it so human beings of a specific flavor couldn't register for matching towels/sterling silver salad tongs. Here's a paragraph on the decision. Here's where you can see how your "representative" voted (Angel!!) Whew. A little amazed that this particular vote came up at all given the need to focus on, oh, I don't know, education, an aging population, the recession and the WAR but whatever floats thier boat. Nice to know my tax dollars are going toward crafting and supporting good, solid, effective initiatives!

Anyway. in other news, I'm sick. Sick of seeing Halle Berry on those stupid Catwoman posters! Ha! Sorry. Seriously. I am actually sick. I think I've managed to trace this particular lineage of cold to this one formerly very nice, considerate, somewhat attractive person who showed up at my BBQ's birthday bash with her entire sick family in tow -- given that there were 92 additional babies/children at the party and at least 10 stressed out adults I suspect the cold we all caught on that day will have worked it's way around the free world by mid-august. Again, seriously, not to be mean or anything, but if I'm dying and my baby's dying my first thought would probably be "Let's stay AWAY from a gathering involving every single person I hold dear and their kids." Again, just sayin...

I am also sick of Halle Berry as Catwoman. (I'm not even going to link to the various sites I'm so discusted.) I actually heard someone call a radio station, equally annoyed, to complain "I mean, seriously, Michelle Pfeiffer was the original cat woman!"

First, props to Ms. Pfeiffer, she is a woman amoung women and she more than did justice to the latex but I think we all would do well to collectively remember that those hallowed boots were shown the meaning of strut by none other than the fabulous Eartha Kitt in Season #2 of Batman -- circa 1967. (Yeah, I know Julie Newmar came first but Eartha Kitt IMO freaking defined that character! Wanna make something of it?? What?!)



Come on people. Look at her!

This vs. this....

Not that I'm a Halle hater, the girl's just not sexy. She's pretty. At times she's even beautiful but sexy...? Like this sexy...?! fraid not.

No comments: