Saturday, July 31, 2004

Marine World, Vallejo!


We spent the day at Marine World, Vallejo! celebrating one of the Boo's very best friend's birthday. During my time spent at that illustrious amusant park I learned three very important lessons:

1) You are NEVER too old to rock black lycra shorts!

2) Airbushed form-fitting tanktops look good on everybody!

and

3) You should never let the fact that you only have a quarter inch of hair stop you from sporting a festive headband!

I also had the following conversation with a very nice young man as we waited for our respective children to finish riding the Cobra for the fourth consecutive time:

Him: My daughter...not this one... my other one, from my first marriage... she used to love this ride too.
Me: Yeah. Second marriage?
Him: Yeah.
Me: How's it working out for ya?
Him: good. I mean, I'm much more mellow anbout this one.
Me: Yeah.... See, that's what I want.
Him: What?
Me: the second mariage. Except I don't want to have to go through the first one to get there, you know what I mean?
Him: Yeah.
[longish silence]
Me: You know what. never mind.
Him: {nodding sagely as our various children run up and begin to climb all over us} o.k.

No comments: