Thursday, August 19, 2004

Still tired.


I think the baby's getting some new teeth. Lots of low-grade temperature/general crankiness/middle of the night screaming going on. Big kid is sick too. Last night CP and I had the following conversation:

CP: So, your kid's still sick.
Me: Awwww! Poor baby!
CP: Yeah. Poor little one. {long pause} So.... if she's still sick tomorrow what are we going to do?
Me: Whaddaya mean.
CP: Well, my boss is out tomorrow and she asked me to definitely be a work to cover Thursday and Friday. So, what do you think?
Me: About you working or about the Boo?
CP: The Boo. If she's sick.
Me: Um. I guess if you HAVE to work and she's sick and needs to come home I'll go get her. I guess.
CP: o.k.

Now, I could list all the ways in which this is annoying and do a graphical chart delimiting the breakdown of actual physical time CP has spent with Boo in the last week and a half vs. the amount of time kid has been sick/in my care with a special line item representing sheer "behind-ness" I am falling at work because I've essentially not been there for the last three days... but I won't. I won't because I do not in any way want to be read as bitching about "having" to watch Boo. I love Boo. I will rearrange anything in my life that needs rearranging to ensure that she is looked after, secure and happy. I just sort of resent the fact that that sometimes means I have to rearrange to accomodate CP whom, unfortunately doesn't necessarily deserve the same treatment. Ah well. Moving on.



Time with mom was exhausting. I'm glad she came out. i'm glad she exists but my GAWD that woman is cynical. I get that she basically grew up feeling no love whatso ever but it's hard dealing with the single most bitter person on the planet 24/7. {sigh}She just needs a lot of love is all and I'm just not equipped to deliver right this second. We got into a fairly heated argument about schools and accountability right before she left which I think made her feel bad because she called me three times after she got home. I've yet to call her back because I suck. Plus I need to just kind of breathe for a minute.



I got the speech from Pretty Boy last night. You know the speech. "You're so great and wonderful and attractive! I can't imagine a scenario where you'd be alone for the rest of your life..." speech. Which I'm always giving and which is annoying to hear so I'm thinking I'll stop throwing it around quite so much...

K. I'm done. Work needs to be worked and I'm not really interested in thinking about anything in depth right now so I'm out!

No comments: