Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Where to begin...?


K. So I'm waaaay too busy to actually even begin to describe in detail why it is that I'm soooo freaking busy but, I haven't checked in in awhile now and I know my reading public is no doubt wasting away to nothing as they sit and stare longingly at thier screens... so.... without further ado -- the news!

Labor Day week-end way grand! Slight baby-sickness/fever on Friday but Spark perked up nicely by Sundee. Spent the day(s) lazing about with the babies and enjoyed every freaking second of it. On Sunday we went the the Art and Soul festival in downtown Oakland which -- can I just say -- was amazing! Not so much because it was physically beyond stellar but because it was a decent little, well-attended, kid-friendly event (wherein persons under the age of 12 got in free) with enough free stuff for the babies to do that although there was quite a bit of stuff for sale, it didn't feel like you had to buy crap just to have fun. There were some really cute little kid rides too. And music. And face-painting. All in all a splendid time. Also accomplished doing laundry and truck washing (gasp! I know!! It's actually red!) and new tiny red plant planting. Checked in with some skating friends of mine who are doing fabulously (so pretty and so tan!); got an impromptu visit from the ever-Fab Travelin' man who had to drag himself into work on Saturday fer chrissakes! but who nonetheless popped in for a quick howdeedo. Then talked to my familial types for the better part of the Sat. eve. Everyone is doing well. Little Bro got a puppy and now him and the Missus are whining about the fact that it's doing puppy things (like peeing on the kitchen floor.) The studied and revered opinion of both my Big Brother and myself is that Little B. needs to get over it/get a freakin puppy calendar if he can't handle a real dog and stop complaining...! at any rate, it was nice hearing from the bottom of the west. Also got a note from my super sweet G-ma letting my know that her and her brother and sister are officially all "in thier 90's" which is just hugely interesting especially since that woman doesn't look a day over 70! Blah. I'm egg-sausted right this second though. (I'm working from home today because I actually need to work and whenever I'm at my desk people come and bother me about dumb stuff -- "the website isn't working...!" "customers are getting all their purchases for free...!" "there's a fire in your garbage can!" Wah wah wah... When will people learn to ascertain what's truly important in life?? Anyways, I really do have stuff to do so I'm going to go. Big squeeze to everybody. Kisses and love. I heart you all!

No comments: