Monday, October 04, 2004

Let's pretend it's Friday -- Happy Birthday Ms. Bee!!!!!!! Yer the best

K. Now pretend it's Saturday.

Happy Birthday my beautiful, little (big - HUGE) Boo!!!!

Right. So, I'm basically in the middle of the most stressful time of my life ever! yet -- but -- I still had a great week-end! Mostly. Witness the following conversation with random friend and his chick whom I ran into in the grocery store:

"Friend": Hey.
Me: Hey.
"Friend": Whattaya doing here?
Me: Buying food.
"Friend": Baby food?
Me: Um hm.
"Friend": Looks gross.
Me: Yup.
"Friend": Where's the kid?
Me: Which one?
"Friend": [blank stare]
Me: Which one??
"Friend": Uh, the one that had her birthday...?
Me: She's at her CP's. With the Baby.
"Friend": [blank stare]
Me: Her sister. The baby we've had living with us for the last four months.
"Friend": Oh.
Me: ...

Me: You're a dick.
"Friend": Yeah.

Seriously. Why do I even bother? Luckily, this interaction was entirely offset by the FABULOUS ultra-sweet-wonderfulness of the L-L's who have once again stepped in to do some quality baby watching whilst the older kid and I went off to the movies to get our "quality-time" ON! Thank you again, you two. You rock and you can not even begin to understand how much I appreciate having people who will not physically or mentally damage my kid (well, mostly) that I can call on in a pinch. (I know you're really just marking time til you're going to need round-the-clock Boo as babysitter skills but, seriously, if you need anything from me before then, do not hesitate to ask! :-] )

No comments: