Wednesday, November 10, 2004

I'll make this quick...


Notice how I always say that but then somehow still manage to ramble on and on and on (and on)

So anyway:

Week-end was o.k. I did not, in fact, have sexual relations (mostly because the boy in question is desperately in love with some other girl -- hmmmmmm, I'm noticing a theme of sorts...) but I did have a really very great outing nontheless including but not limited to snuggling, smiling and having deep, interesting conversations wherein some of my more positive qualities were referenced so, I have to say it was still all pretty good. I even got to meet the "competition" which was wierd and unplanned but which, since it was pretty much inevitable, went not unwell. She seems nice. I'm sure they'll be happy together. Like ducks in a rug. Anyway. Moving on.

Went to see my new Dr. about a little bump in my finger + "butterfly-shaped" mole on my sternum (unrelated) and found her to be HILARIOUS! Really. V. funny. I told her my mole used to be "round" but now it was "butterfly-shaped" and she replied (absolutely deadpan) "Hmmmm. Are you sure it wasn't originally "caterpillar-shaped? Because then it would make sense..." Har, Har, Har. Everyone's a comedian! Anyways, she's going to "punch-excise" it in a few weeks which is just wrong and will probably be horrifically painful. She told me I'd only need one stitch but I explained to her that I was going to be complaining about it quite a bit so perhaps the dressing should somehow reflect that. She agreed and remarked that they could probably provide me with some sort of full-body wrap and a sling... Like I said -- a true meeting of the minds.

Full-day meeting yesterday wherein I accomplished NOTHING other than finding out about a whole bunch more work me and mine department are expected to deliver in the next two weeks then duo kid pick-up, home for fifteen minutes then off to school.

Speaking of which, My beautiful professor gave me a copy of an article she's about to have published in some magazine for me to "look at and comment on." (!!) Eeek! So, on the one hand how cool is it that she seems to want my opinion on her writing and on the other how scared am I to actually read the thing onna counta what if she's a really bad writer and I have to find someone else to idolize? {sigh} Life is so difficult when one begins to actually become friends with one's mentors....

K. Nuff of that. I have things to do and people to be. I'm out. Stay (relatively) dry people. Peace!

No comments: