Wednesday, November 03, 2004

"Smart as a whip!"



Now, I know there are those who might get tired of having heaps of praise lavished upon their children at each and every parent teacher conference it might be their lot in life to attend -- I, for one, am not one of those people! "A joy to be around!" Making excellent progress!" "Let me show you what she wrote in journal today! Oh, and look at what she wrote last week!" and "Did I show you this picture of her singing for the Mayor?" I'm telling you. And, of course, the amusing part of all of this is the fact that inevitably the focus shifts to us and our parenting -- as if we had anything to do with how amazing our child is, as if she had not sprung fully formed, perfection incarnate, from mine womb not unlike one of those greek gods...! As if!! Yet and so... people will believe what they want to believe and if they need to think that CP and I do anything more for our child than simply holding the world of admirers at bay (at least we try) until the Boo is a little bit taller and has completed her Karate classes, well then... so be it.

Spark had her first PT conf. as well! Developmentally she's doing fabulously. She's climbing and running and "owning her space." There is some concern about her diet (the concern being that I can't cook and that she's getting all this great food at daycare whilst I feed her slop!) Her teachers, however, love her. She, in turn loves them so it really is an all-round love-fest at ole Monte Tavor! In addition to just generally thriving, my littlest one is getting to sing and to dance and is learning how to hold crayons without eating them (I know!!) Plus, she's 18 months old now so she's officially a toddler!!! Whoo Hoo! How (I know I ask this fairly frequently, but seriously) am I so blessed?

No comments: