Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Two party systems suck!


So, I voted for Leonard Peltier. Sorry folks. If Bush wins i will take complete responsibility for every single future attrocity he commits. I just have to say I am really over this whole fear/evil thing we've got going on with this election. There are more than two candidates people. That's kind of the point. Then you get to vote for the person who best represents your views/the direction you'd like your country to go in. If that's Kerry then have at it but if it's not, then don't vote for him. This whole "lesser of two evils" stance is crap. Horribly naive of me -- possibly but whatever. I've already lost quite a bit in terms of financing for my schools, my kids, my neighborhood; I get that Bush makes some pretty poor decisions and is a big ole liar to boot still -- I'm just not really convinced 1 ) Kerry is going to do a hell of a whole lot better and 2) that should the evil one stay in office for four more years the world will definitely end. In fact, I think that should BJr win this time the various parties might offer up some real candidates for consideration next election. I also think that if Kerry wins and he doesn't immediately "fix" everything he loses in 2008 to someone even more dysfuctional. All else fails, there's always Canada. (I happen to know some people who know some people who just might let us stay on their couch up there so...) K. As far as the rest goes, straight Barbara Lee ticket all the way. Especially with the three strikes ammendment/money for community outreach initiatives. Ah, Babs... So pleased she's in my district.

In other news, someone got run over outside of my polling place so there were firetrucks/cops/paramedics everywhere. Then the line inside got a little out of hand when some old people had the gall to try to cut. It almost came to fisticuffs there for a minute...! {sigh} Right. Glad that's over. Now then, what shall I be disatisfied with for the next little stretch?

No comments: