Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Happy Birthday (yesterday), IHOEL!


That's right, IHOEL is the first and arguably finest of our little clan to reach the 40-candles-on-the-cake stage of her career and I would just like to take a moment to wish her Happy, happy B-Day and to sincerely hope she has the very best year of living ever!

There. Now that that's done, can we please turn the conversation back to me??! Sheesh. I have the world's largest pimple on the tip of my nose. There was a single moment during the last two days whilst I was readying myself to go out and hang with people of the adult nature when I wondered what exactly it could possibly be that was preventing some significantly adorable type from throwing his or herself at my impeccably clad feet and now I know. It is the fact that no one, let alone anyone with whom I am intended to get horizontal, could look me in the eye, presumably bypassing the ENORMOUS pimple on my nose, without busting up. Which, of course, would render any further discussion of dating pretty much useless. We could be friends maybe. But really, I need my love-interests to not laugh at me. A girl's gotta have standards!

Speaking of dating. i was honored to have the ever adorable Bendy Girl as my date for the Company after-holiday party and you can imagine my delight when I discovered that in addition to the fact that we continue to have nothing in common, she is also now apparently allergic to me! Don't know why this didn't come up sooner given the extreme kissing that's gone on during past sessions but there it is. Constant sneezing, watery eyes, itching. The whole nine yards. And believe you me, there is nothing so emotionally fulfilling as a really very cute, awfully smart, sexy girl standing next to her motorcyle, smiling at you whilst murmuring those words every gal wants to hear: "Stay away from me! You make me sneeze!"

{sigh} Thanks BTW to Mistah L-L, Miss K and the ever wonderful Miss Tail for providing some quality kid-sitting so I could go out and commune with grownups/remember exactly what serious rejection feels like. You all rock and I owe you big!

p.s. I am never leaving the house ever again.

No comments: