Friday, March 18, 2005

I am in love!


With a man named Chris. I don't know what Chris looks like (I think he's from Australia though) but he was given the hands of a saint and was furthermore good enough to rub those hands all over my back and most of my front for approximately 50 minutes AFTER i'd already been had quite a nice little soak in lilac scented rosewater for about half an hour. I am mush right now and I owe it all to Chris.

I also owe it to DB who gave me the coupon to the Kabuki Springs & Spa centerand who, regardless of how much I rail about his continued existence in my life is actually, the very finest kind of "good people". (This should not, however, be taken to mean you can resume coming over whenever the hell you want, DB so don't go getting any ideas!) Thank you, thank you. A thousand times thank you!

In other news, my children will soon be featured as flower girls extraordinare at the wedding of the century tween a certain Mistah L-L and his fabulous Fee-yon-ce (pronounced like Beyonce), Ms. K. That's right, folks, apparently the ring was big enough and she said yes!! It really is all too perfect and I'm going to stop talking about it now lest I tear up... {sniff}

Marketing Chick is back and has resumed her attentions after a sudden and complete hiatus of a week and a half during which I fabricated all sorts of bizarre rationales. Apparently, rather than exhibiting the shallow, odd, borderline pychotic tendencies I'd been wont to ascribe to her, the real reason for the total news black-out was more straightforward -- she had to go to Ohio for a family "conference." (meaning, I gather, that someone "passed" and they had to sort out who got the house on the hill. Either that or "Ohio" is code for "The CIA occassionally needs me to help them tie up loose ends" Honestly though, she's cute, she's entertaining, so I'm not asking!)

Baby Grand-Niece, TJ is in New Mexico as we speak and although I've not yet been blessed with in-the-home pictures (seriously, this whole taking-pictures-but-then-never-developing-the-film thing must be endemic to the Magnet clan. All I know is, it has got to stop!) I've had the opportunity to hear her gurgle at me over the phone lines and I just have to say, it is soooo obvious she's been blessed with every single iota of fabulousness that being a part of the Magnet lineage promises to provide and then some!

Hmmmmm. I think that's it. I could go on and on and on about the continuing adorableness of my two-year-old but I'll save that for tomorrow when it will no doubt have been doubled (tripled even!)

No comments: