Wednesday, March 23, 2005

This will be quick...


Because I'm tired. Just wanted to say though that we met with Miss Boo's teacher today and whilst I was waiting in the hall for her to finish up with some other student's 'rents/finish chatting with the co-teacher she had on hand as a Spanish/English interpreter, I heard her say "Only one more! This one is going to be fun though, she's one of my favorites!" (!!) Yay! I mean, we know this right but still! How very lovely to hear that the woman in charge of my Angel-Baby's life for close to 6 hours a day thinks she's the knees of the bees just like the rest of us! Besides which, I always love these things because we get to read Boo's journal that she keeps in class to write in during the day. A-DOR-RA-BLE! Pictures of Spark blowing kisses, ruminations about how she's "out of sorts but doesn't exactly know why." Asides written in parenthesees (she's the only kid in class who uses parenthesees -- wonder where she gets that from??) just general goodness and light all the way around. She's reading and comprehending at "well-above grade level" Strong marks in everything else. One thing the teach did point out which is interesting is that because Boo doesn't really choose her friends (they choose her) she sometimes ends up in the middle where groups/individuals are wanting her to be exclusive -- Teach brings this up because she noticed that Boo isn't inclined to exploit this like some of the other "intellectually more mature" girls do which is good (great) but that sometimes she may feel like she needs to just be by herself because the demands can feel overwhelming. This is a new take on the "She's too sensitive" thing I've been hearing from her teachers over the years and so is interesting to me. Poor little one. It's kind of true though. The only time I've known her to actually choose someone to be friends with was Sweet Little Becky who I think she liked/likes because they're basically the same child only with different parents and different hair. Also to come out of this meeting was a copy of the cookbook the kids in class made as part of a fundraising project and which (if you all are VERY nice) I may share. Probably not though so don't get your hopes too up... (they're only $15.00/copy, BTW, all proceeds go to Boo's school. I'll be taking orders through Saturday...!)

No comments: