Monday, March 07, 2005

What the...??!


Just got in to work a minute ago and it would seem that the new cleaning people have taken it upon themselves to toss out the varous dying/dead plants that once graced my desk -- pretty much serving as the only real warning most people get to just back-off! Damn. I wonder what would happen if I brought in another dead plant. Like I wonder if it would turn into this huge power/values struggle between me and the cleaning peeps... Whatever.

Conversation from this week-end:

Me: So, my work is having a after-holiday party. Want to be my date?
Her: Your "date"?
Me: Oh, I'm sorry. Is that a scary word? If I call it something different would you be more inclined to go??

And yes, it has been suggested that a not inconsequential part of my repeated failure to "hook-up" may in part be due to my attitude!

{sigh}

K. So. When I'm not alienating girls I want to have sex with, I am being a fabulous mom. I had such a great time with my (admittedly somewhat cranky -- the big one this time. The two-year-old was an angel!) children. And, yes, I am also well aware of the fact that it is only the fabulousness of my babies that allows me to even being to approach that title, all of this notwithstanding, week-end was spent finalizing this really cool quilt project for big kid's class to auction off (which is funny if you think about it because the fact that it existed in my house for so long and that Miss Boo basically made it herself whilst I sat on the couch and watched Chicken Run pretty much means that now I have to go to that stupid auction and try to buy it back! Weird how the world is set up sometimes...)

Anyway, despite the attitude displayed by both myself and my oldest, we all managed (in no small part due to the outrageous adorableness of my littlest big kid) to have a really good time in a "family" way. Very nice.

No comments: