Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Happy Holidays!


That's right. I said "Happy Holidays!" Because I do actually care that people with different belief systems are shorted this time of year and no, I do not think being sensitive to that fact is the same as being "all PC about everything!" so there....

Now then. Christmas was fabulous at the Chick house! Lots of time spent on the couch because one of us (me) is sick and dying but otherwise, all goodness and light. the X-mas eve was spent with the co-parent and didn't exactly turn out the way I'd hoped but, whatever. I've escaped relatively unscathed and it could have been (MUCH) worse so....

Conversations with the kids:

Boo: You know what I realized? I realized it is better to give than to receive because you always get something back when you give something!
Chick: [lips all pinched, poised to lecture] Well... that's not exactly the point... What sorts of things do you get...?
Boo: Well, you at least get a "Thank you!"
chick: [lips unpinching, getting all misty] You're a great kid.
Boo: I know.

Chick: [To 2.5 year old who is requesting that we watch the Incredibles for the ninth time in two days] We're not having videos right now. We're playing with our new presents.
Spark: No! [stamps foot] No, Mommy! Stop!
Chick: [Taken aback since i'm in the kitchen and nowhere near child in question] What am I doing??
Boo: [reasonably] You're making her mad.
Chick: [to Spark] You want me to stop making you mad?
Spark: Yes.
Chick: If I stop making you mad will you stop making me mad?
Boo: [discusted with me] Mom. Do you really think she understands that?
Chick: [to Boo] She might. Besides, how come I'm the one who has to stop? How come she doesn't stop?
Boo: [Rolling eyes -- I have no idea why she puts up with me] Um. Because she's TWO.

And lastly, went to go see this movie yesterday with my 8 y.o., the Rock Star and her fabulous mom. Brillant! Beautiful. Not too scary for a coupla of sappy adults and their far more mature childruns. i'd say "a must-see!"

No comments: