Saturday, March 11, 2006

Random updates...


o.K. first the exciting stuff -- WHO is taking a cruise with her two beautiful daughters to Baja in approximately 4 weeks???? Um, that's gonna be ME! I don't care what anyone else says about the government -- doing my taxes has always been gut to me! Now, then, what else...

Dating continues to go well(-ish). Meeting third/last cute shy seeming boy on Monday for lunch and I think that's it for awhile. I mean, these guys are all really nice and fun-seeming and everything but I'm just not finding anyone who makes me think it'd be more fun to hang out with them late at night than it would be to, oh, I don't know... SLEEP. Actually, that's not entirely true but it's definitely not turning out to be "soul-mate-ville" out there on The List (Current exception being this one guy who I actually -- against all reason/well most reason -- suddenly decided I like ALOT but who has since informed me that he is otherwise engaged. Ha! figures.) I'll provide some sort of summary of this after I've gone through all the potentials but for now I'm just sort of looking for it to be over. (See, this is why I make a lousy straight girl -- No "stick-to-it-tive-ness!"

The Texans are back together, speaking to me again and seem to be doing fine. Not that I care but sometimes it's nice to know I have a place to stay if I'm ever in... where the hell are you people living?? Austin??? Anyways... glad that got straightened out. Moving on.

Work is good. Our department is getting a hell of alot done (mostly because we're being allowed to do what we want instead of being allowed to say what we want then having everyone nod/ignore the request/get mad when things break. so that's good. I'm tired all the time but I think it's an iron deficiency (Yeah, right.)

My about-to-be-three-year-old just wandered in here to cover my elbow with kisses which is just adorable no matter how you look at it! And wet. But the good kind of wet. Oops! she's off to go watch her sister Go Potty. She's obsessed. Which is good in the grand scheme of things although the tiniest bit disconcerting if you're about to settle in for a nice magazine read and you look up suddenly to find a two foot tall, chocolate baby person staring at you intently with TP in hand waiting for you to freaking finish already so she can "wipe" your knee and handle the flushing duties. Ah. Good times.

And lastly, It would seem that my sweet and wonderful BBQ has decided she needs to be on the opposite side of the country from me for a few weeks. I'm nowhere near o.k. with this but I'm willing to entertain the idea only because she deserves the break. Hope your trip is restful and fun BBQ. I'll jot down all the useless crap I need to tell you and just read you the list when you get back. Plan on a coupla hour session at least...

No comments: