Thursday, April 20, 2006

Funny, sad...


{sigh} too much to do. going to die.

O.K. then, funny/sad thing happened today with the Boo at school. First, her teacher made her cry. Completely unintentionally -- Boo's teacher is fond of less than on-color jokie-jokes which she likes to share with the kids (nothing "R" rated or anything like that. more PG-gross...) and today in class they did that counting joke: I made a poop and the next kid says I one a poop; I two a poop; etc. well my kid was number eight. Everyone laughed. Boo cried. Teacher felt horrible (I happened to show up thirteen seconds after it happened and she was mucho apologetic since she's well aware the Boo is one of "those" kids (super-sensitive/doesn't really see the point to potty-humor/karmically probably older than her teacher by a few lifetimes...) Anyway, funny part about all of this is Boo is sad and teacher is the one who made her sad and as I walk up one of her little friends says "Ah, no! Now her mom's in it! It's Personal!" like me and her teacher are gonna throw down in the hallway! Ha! Anyway...

Also very sweet was that there was a small cluster of children (boy friends, NOT the group of turncoat-girls who call themselves her "best" friends!) patting her shoulder and playing with her hair and trying to cheer her up. These are third grade boys, people and I saw not a single eyeroll/snicker. There is hope for the world.

k. back to work... {sigh again}

"Now it's personal!" {snicker}

No comments: