Tuesday, May 23, 2006

I don't do the sterotype thing...


I mean, I've been around long enough to know that you just can't believe the hype, BUT can I just say, I've had long hair (really long, and wavy with blonde streaks -- it's kind of cool actually) for approximately 20 hours now and in that short amount of time I have noticed a MARKED difference in the reaction I'm getting from the boy half of the world. Not from people who are seeing me for the first time/random passerbys on the street, mind you, these are people who I see every single day. like the guys at the place where I park my car. two years I've been parking there and at most we are shyly cordial to each other. My hair is suddenly droopy and all of a sudden they're giggly/josh-ey "I should charge you more because I can't see your month sticker!"/multiple people apparently need to tell me where to park (allow me to re-iterate, i have been parking there in approximately the same spot for well over a year...)-ey. And don't even get me started on the suddenly super helpful "Do you need an extra butter with that?" bagel guy.

Hmmmm. Well, since the hair is apparently going to be around for the summer, I think I may just treat this as a sociological study and start documenting. maybe I can use it for my thesis if the other, education related one, falls through. :-]

No comments: