Monday, October 02, 2006

Happy Birthday, Baby!


All happy wishes go to my primary reason for existence on this fine 2nd day of the fabulous month of October! I love you, Boo! Thank you soooooo much for blessing me with your existence!


Best wishes also to the beautiful and vivacious Mrs. Bee without whom many of my finest memories would never have been constructed! You are a rockstar and I only hope to someday be half as useful to the world of education as you currently are!


Things I learned this week-end:

1) I'm a REALLY good parent when I only have one kid. Seems like it doesn't matter which one (interesting because they're complete opposites) but in terms of togetherness and patience and figuring out fun, active, wonderful ways to be together when it's mano y mano, I excel! Sadly, it is almost never MyM so not sure what that says about the majority of the parental experience my babies are being subjected to...

2) I love my kids. Really. I do. they're cute and perfect (and potty trained!) and really really sweet. And smart. Yay

3) I love my friends. (see above)

4) My boyfriend is nice and helpful and really very sweet as well. (and did I mention helpful? Especially at the keeping the suddenly uber-clingy three-year-old entertained whilst her mommy navigated a (admittedly light version of) "need to just freaking STOP and be in one place for like a second already" moment.

5) I LOVE the pseudo cold weather that is the fall in California

6) I really need to get on my reading because at the rate I'm going I will be ready to re-write my proposal in approximately 14 years.

7) I'm really, really tired. Really. And I'm going to be that way for the rest of my life. (I guess that's o.k. though. I mean, someone's gotta be, right?)

No comments: