Friday, October 06, 2006

October 30th!


That's the date when my newest little niece will be released into the world! The plan is as follows: cut her out, make sure she's breathing, check her heart (make sure all the ventricles are ventriculating), operate on her back (cover currently exposed spinal cord and nerves), pop her in the incubator to cook for approximately four more weeks, remove, cuddle and commence with the dressing up in tiny socks! Cross your fingers folks that it's really going to be that "easy".... :-]



O.k. now you know I'm not one to use this space to get all braggey (well... actually, yes I do but still -- what're YOU all gonna do about it?????!)

but i just have to say My little big girl is soooooooooo smart! First off, she's doing such an amazing job with the becoming completely potty-trained that I'm just amazed and second off, we had a HUGE fight yesterday morning about her sudden desire to wear a dress (I say "sudden" which is not meant to discount the fact that that's ALL she's wanted to wear for the last several months -- but then two days ago she switched to pants so I, being the perceptive mom that I am, brought out some pants for her to wear -- very cute pants, I might add! -- and she loses her mind. We're talking screaming, throwing her clothes around, kicking etc. so I'm yelling back and getting more and more frustrated and instituting timeouts and shoving tiny flailing arms into tiny sleeves... basically, an awful start to an otherwise not particularly horrible day) and so TODAY, she gets herself up out of bed (clutching her new, larger blankey, i might add. Who's a Big Girl now?) marches into the kitchen where I am preparing a lunch for the other child and says: "Dress today, please?" Super nice. With a small tilt of the head and the super huge chocolatey brown eyes.... So, of COURSE she gets to wear a dress. A really fancy cute dress. Yay! Let's see..... not much else going on. had the BEST lunch with Mistah Lovah-Lovah yesterday. i don't care what you all say, he's quality, plain and simple. this week-end's packed with stuff needing to be done but I think it'll be aight. {sigh} K. guess that's it. Hope the day goes well for everybody.

No comments: