Saturday, October 07, 2006

Well, I guess it was about time...


I got a "Challenging" P/T conference. So, apparently my littlest angel-girl is terrorizing 2 teachers and one of her groupmates (although, to be honest, said groupmate apparently terrorizes her right back!) We're talking screaming "No!", throwing things, scratching intentionally (which for some reason really freaks me out) -- she doesn't do any of that at home (i mean she definitely gets screamy but we usually end up yelling at each other for a minute then I get tired of it and either count to three or I take whatever it is we're yelling about away and she stops because she wants it back. I have NEVER seen her intentionally scratch (or kick or hit for that matter) anyone but... her teacher says she only does it with these other two teachers and two or three of her groupmates (one in particular who she apparently fights with all day -- shoving, scratching, pushing. Freaking out if this other kid gets the orange paper while she gets the red paper...) They seem to be relatively unconcerned about it; they're thinking maybe she's just tired of her age group and wants to hang with the bigger kids so they're gonna move her over to the other (big kid) house and see how it goes. Sheesh. Needless to say she got lectured to all the way home and is now explaining to the cat that he is, under NO circumstance, to scratch Massimo (kid at school), period! Ever! I don't know if he's quite getting it but I sure as hell hope she is. :-[

No comments: