Tuesday, November 14, 2006

where i thought i'd be when I was 40...?


I just sent off my last work related e-mail for the day. I also sent off this cartoon

which I stole/modified from an illustration on a card a friend of mine sent me, so I could send it to some programmer/QA chick I'm working with who lives in Florida and who has a killer South African accent.

For the record, I am officially over this shit. I am tired of getting yelled at for things that are not only outside my direct sphere of influence but that I am nontheless working late every f*cking night to try to correct. I am tired of wondering if really wanting a Sierra Nevada (or two) every night means I "have a problem". I am sick of not hanging out with my kid because I "need to finish one last thing". I am tired of "holding it together" and remembering that it's all gonna fix itself in "like, a week"... I want it fixed now. I want to do things I enjoy doing without feeling like I'm letting someone down. F*ck it. I'm taking tomorrow off (gonna go see a ship with my kid and her class) Work can kiss my ass.

No comments: