Thursday, December 28, 2006

Ahhhhhhhh.....


Quick check in. Just to say... you know... hello. Um. hi. How's it going? Really? good. Great to hear. I'm doing fine as well. What? Oh, not all that much really. Holidays were rushed but strangely relaxing. Nothing broke which was cool. At work I mean. I don't think anything broke outside of work either but I haven't been paying all that close attention to the rest if you get my drift.... No really. I'm good. work is good. life is good. We had a great X-mas with the CP here for the morning present opening finishing with dinner at the L-Ls. Quality all round. then just kind of bumming around on tuesday. Got some serious planning done on the "houses-within-a-house" project so that was cool. heard from my favorite female texan about her plans to be out here within the week so that's something to look forward to. I've had a fairly significant change of heart/attitude vis a vis her since the break-up (hers not mine -- and truth be told, since this birthday marks the passing of her 26th year on this earth which just doesn't seem as icky for some reason ...) but luckily while my mind may be all about justification my body is still following the god-fearing, upright little path it was intended to walk along and has trashed any plans I may or may not have had by breaking out in all manner of cold-sore gross-ness so.... guess we're gonna stay "just friends." At least this time around. ;-]

Hmmmm. What else. I'm tired but strangely upbeat which is FAB. Wrote THE CHECK to my school today which pretty much ensures that 1) I have no life savings left so it is particularly lucky that I also have no life and 2) I actually think I'm going to buckle down and work this semester so I can start writing THE DISSERTATION this summer. eek. Anyway. I'm gonna go put some babies to bed. Hope everyone's holidays were amazing and that I'll actually get to see you all in the coming year.

No comments: