Wednesday, December 06, 2006

the good things in life


This week-end, I went with my kids to get a Christmas tree. We met up with the Bees at the tree lot and went to their house to do some crafty stuff after which we returned home and decorated said tree.

I heard from a friend of mine that he will be able to cover an emergency kid-sitting event and in doing so allow me to go smooze at the holiday party that's coming up.

I heard from another friend that there's going to be a "Grease" showing/sing-along at this kick-ass theatre and that she wants us to go (of COURSE!)

I found out the dates when my Big Girl is going to be performing in a Hip Hop version of the Nutcracker and that I will have access to a video recorder so I can tape the entire event and play it back years from now each and every time she attempts to introduce me to anyone she's "interested in."

I had my little one "read" me five of her books (in a row) because she was so excited to get the newest in the "Bing the Bunny series"

Three people have told me they appreciated hearing my "straightforward" answers in a meeting I participated in today.

I just got the new Dixie Chicks CD which I'm listening to right now.

I'm happy. I'm healthy. I have great, supportive (scarily attractive) friends. My kids are safe and growing and (for the most part) content. I have chocolate chip cookies at home and ice cold beer in the fridge. It would seem that despite what I've been writing, saying and sometimes actually thinking, life is pretty good. :-]

No comments: