Monday, April 09, 2007

Ah....


Man, for someone who is supposed to be out-of-work, I sure as hell did alot of running around today. First, I dropped off the kids at their respective schools, then I went to the first of two doctor's appointments, stopped by a "nice" clothing store to see if I could find an interview outfit that isn't completely embarrassing (I mean in a "not good embarrassing" kind of way...), had a coffee at some blindingly cool coffee shop ("Sacred Grounds" or something like that) where everyone was facing the same direction and taping away on their little MacBooks (and where I was completely floored by the fact that there was a jacket-shirt-thing draped over the chair next to me that smelled EXACTLY like my EX!!! I know! I stretched out that single cup of coffee for more than an hour waiting for it to be claimed but noone came. Damn. I kinda wanted to steal it and bring it home to snuggle with but I realized that that sort of behavior may be simply considered "wrong" if you're gainfully employed but if you're basically out on the streets it segues into "weirdly creepy/a misdemeanor" so I left it be.) on to the the SECOND of my doctor's appointments then lunch, then home to fold/put away the laundry, then off to pick up the kid, then supper making and now typing. God. I'm exhausted! Tell me, does this whole unemployed thing get easier...?

No comments: