Tuesday, April 17, 2007

So close...


And yet... So they gave the PBK (That's what all the cool kids call it!) website management gig to someone else. Funny though because they still asked me to come back in today to meet some guy about a different job which, it turns out, I'M COMPLTELY UNQUALIFIED TO DO -- IT management for the individual stores or something like that. I mean sure I went but only after I explained to the sweet HR lady that the job as she'd described it was COMPLETELY outside my skillset. She was just so gosh darn sweet though and she (and J., the lady who I originally interviewed with) really wanted me to come in anyway... Plus I did have the "second interview outfit" lined up... So, I went. Very awkward. Pretty much a study in me apologizing repeatedly for being in no way "a fit for the position" and him agreeing in the nicest possible way but still asking interview-like questions: "So, where do you see yourself in five years?" "What is it you're looking to do?" Weird. At least we both thought it was funny/cute strange instead of weird/annoying strange...

In other news, had a v. brief phone interview with a very cool lady at "the other prospect" which went well enough that I get to come in next Friday to chat "with everybody" so... we'll see. I'm still kind of freaking out about getting my dissertation proposal written so while, admittedly, I'd be really super-pysched to get this position I'm also having a hard time fixating on it like I usually do when I job-hunt. I did do a ton of research though and am firmly convinced that this company has got to be doing one of the coolest things EVER communication-wise.

Week-end BTW was fab. Super-packed with stuff to do/kids to share but really just nicely great. Sunday was especially special cause I got to hang out in the boondocks with the cute girl I like discussing pastry and watching used-to-be-people eat/slice/dream each other up which, really, if it isn't already the definition of fun it should be! Although I did have to bribe a few children/cats into sleeping with me that night and I may or may not have needed to have the light on but really... I'm much better now, thanks for asking!

No comments: